Monday, September 23, 2013

Happiness is: the People Around You Every Day


Friends, good morning from Minneapolis, later to be Washington DC and Virginia for the week, from your good friend Sarah.
 
Yesterday I met up with my good Friend Maureen at Café Latte for healthy breakfast in anticipation of a very unhealthy dinner.  One of the things I love best about living in the US in summer is our selection of fruit salads. One of the other things I like is knowing that when I want an American piece of cake, I know where to find it.




Later in the day, we had another Sunday Funday after I packed for my trips.  While watching the red carpet arrivals for the Emmy awards, we, as usual, drank boxed wine and ate pizza and chili cheese dip.


I love this group of Friends and our routine of classing it up for part of the weekend and being easy-steesy-casual on Sundays.  As usual, the dogs were also right in on the action, this time with 3 of them at our feet.  You can see Tater perched on my lap in the first picture, and you can see my feet in the bottom picture as I judge the Red Carpet while in yoga pants.

 
Happiness today is nothing complicated or deep.  Happiness is simple:  it includes a group of Friends with a simple, easy Sunday routine of laughing and telling stories together.  It is a little ritual of our version of Family Night.
 
As I watch the series finale of Dexter and pull together a couple pictures from yesterday, I am already morphing into travel mode, already becoming my Travel Self, with its own routines and rituals and habits.  I love travel, partly because it is always so lovely to come home to these Friends.
 
Wishing you a simple day of happiness today, my Friends, that includes an appreciation of the people around you every day.  These are the people you have chosen to make part of your life.  Be sure to enjoy them.
 
With lots of love from several planes on Delta,
Your Good Friend Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss Moxie thanks you for your thoughts!