Friday, September 13, 2013

Happiness is a Bad (Good!) Wedding Video

Friends, good morning from beautiful Minneapolis, on the day before my “wedding.”  I am just overflowing with happiness today as I pull together all the last details of my wedding dress fitting, program printing, final prep of menu items, making the bouquets, and setting up the wedding ceremony room.

Tonight is the bachelorette party with my super cool Friend Todd, my personal shopper who used to be at Neiman’s.  Stoli Dolis are on the menu, as is the hot young thing he introduced me to last night at La Belle Vie.  Every bride should have a date at her own wedding, don’t you think?  My horoscope apparently agrees….here it is:

“Sure, you've got a ton to do as the week begins, but some sexy hijinks are definitely in order -- and if you position yourself appropriately (under the stars, silly!), your escapades could get rather heated. Be daring! Carry the rowdy mood through Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; all things love related are favored now, so making it ought to be a snap. Singletons may find the gift of a hot new connection now, perhaps with someone from work. This weekend, create a sweet new tradition you can revisit every summer.”

Fun.  J 

For those of you just catching up, tomorrow night I am hosting a party for 125 called “Bad Wedding Reception” whose gift registry presents will all be donated to Bridging, Inc.  Bridging helps collect donations of household items to help homeless families get back on their feet.  The party is intended to celebrate the start of year 8 of my little business as well as to protest the lack of single, straight, financially responsible men available to do my bidding.  I am the “bride,” and my super clever Friends are all playing parts of the “bridal party.”  Everything about this wedding will be tacky.  EVERYTHING, from the horrifically inappropriate ice sculpture to the ridiculously ugly bridal gown. 

This wedding is pure Klass with a K.  Check out the roses I got from another guy I have been casually dating.  Beautiful, yes?
 
I received those about 2 weeks ago, and now they are just PERFECTly crispy/tacky to be included in the bouquets and boutonnieres!


This party is inappropriate enough that we had a cat, Liza Bean Bitey (of the Minneapolis Biteys), from my Friend and fellow blogger, Pearl and her colleague Indigo, put together a video greeting for the wedding ceremony.  I kid you not.  I love it and think it is terrifically funny.  Here is the link:

http://youtu.be/tapUd6Bg-OQ

Pearl and I have been Friends for about 20 years now, and she is a brilliant observer of humans being silly humans.  Here is her blog link, so you can check it out:  http://pearl-whyyoulittle.blogspot.com/

And as another little teaser about the party, here is a picture of my gloves and garter.
 
 
Oh, yeah.  Sexy as hell.  If this was a redneck wedding.  Which it is.   This is the shirt I hope someone wears, because this will happen, I promise you.
 
And so I leave you today to go put together dozens of crepe paper bells and streamers and to get the house ready to welcome my favorite people in the world.  I am about to begin 48 hours of ridiculous behavior, and I could not be happier.  Thank you for celebrating with me and for being such a part of the happiness today!
With lots of love from Minneapolis,
Your Good Friend Sarah
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss Moxie thanks you for your thoughts!