Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happiness is Contagious


Friends, good morning from Minneapolis.  I woke up laughing, thinking about all the plans we are making for you all and this weekend’s Bad Wedding Reception party.  I can hardly wait to see all of the party outfits and hear all the stories for weeks afterwards.  I love the buzz about the event so much, that every time we talk about it I find myself smiling non-stop.  In a way, we have all been trying to one-up each other on the funny surprises of the night built into the performance.

This morning I feel lucky to have such talented and creative Friends who will play the parts of “wedding” that night. I confirmed the DJ, the menu, the ice sculpture, the bouquets, the flowers, the keg, the cases of wine, the decorations, the seating, the “script” and the surprises. It is a happy week of planning.

Speaking of planning…last night I met up with David at Parlour (that “secret” bar beneath Borough) for Brandy Old Fashioneds, and we ended up inviting the entire bar staff to the after party.  Chez Saritah is going to be hopping that night, and I could not be happier about it.  Nothing makes me happier than a house full of people that I can cook for and take good care of, and I will have it.

We also talked about Brazil---once we started it was hard to stop, the energy of just THINKING about being there is so new and thrilling to me.  David has been there a bunch of times, but I take my first trip in just under 3 weeks.  I got tips from him on all the markets, the beaches, the dive bars and customs. I was happy that the Consulate in Chicago turned around my visa so quickly.

 

In the meantime, we have a fridge full of vodka infusing for the party on Saturday.

 
Today’s reflection on happiness is simple:  happiness is contagious, and you have within you all that you need to share happiness with everyone around you.  Taking time to think about how to create a clever, funny, trashy yet sophisticated event for 125 people makes me profoundly happy.  Seeing that happiness be shared and built even higher by my Friends as we plan out the “story” of the “wedding” night has been almost as much fun as the party itself.  Every detail, every surprise, every menu item has been carefully considered, in order to take the very best care of the people I love best.  Taking care of people is what makes me happy, and there is nothing more important than that.  I cannot wait to share it with you!
With lots of love from Minnesota,
Your Good Friend Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss Moxie thanks you for your thoughts!