Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happiness is 1960s Hair and White Go-Go Boots


Friends, happy Saturday from sunny Minneapolis.  I do not have much time to write today, as I was busy getting the last of the returns done after the Bad Wedding Reception party and am getting ready for the Claes Oldenburg pre-party at the Walker Art Center tonight.  The party encourages attire from the 60s, so I channeled my grandmothers.  Check out this huge hair!  I sure got some amused looks today as I ran the rest of my errands, I’ll tell you what.


There will be a band, D’Amico will do the catering, and it will nice to catch up with lots of Friends tonight as we dance all night, me in white patent go-go boots, big hoop earrings, pearl cuff bracelet, wrap dress and cat eye glasses, of course.

I am looking forward to an evening of art, music, Friendship and love.  Today is just a quick note to wish you a good Saturday and remind you to go out and have fun tonight and enjoying your Sunday, too.  I will be traveling for a long, long time to a whole bunch of places, and I will do my best to stay in touch. 
 
Happiness is looking ahead to travel, but happiness is also being here in my hometown and celebrating a brand new exhibition.  I firmly believe it is of utmost importance to surround oneself with art, with poetry, with music and color and live performance, always, to keep our minds active and ourselves interesting.  Step out of your comfort zone and enjoy something completely different.  I love doing that, and this is my happiness for today.  Maybe see you there tonight?  I hope so!
 
Lots of love, and go-go boots too,
Your Good Friend Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss Moxie thanks you for your thoughts!