Monday, November 25, 2013

Happiness is: Kitchen Shopping and Walking the City

Friends, good morning from New York City, from your good friend Sarah.  Here is the view from my apartment, as I look up the street, towards the Park.

Today is a busy day of writing two audit reports, an FDA inspection summary, and reviewing about 300,000 lines of safety data in Excel.  Somewhere in between those tasks I have the happy pleasure of going shopping for my stint at the restaurant in which I am staging. 

Chef gave me a shopping list.  So far it includes going to JB Prince for equipment and Korin for Japanese knives.  In the meantime, here are some more shots of my daily walks through my new third home town, New York, that I thought you might like to see. 
 
We love our firemen here, and we take good care of them.



 
 
We love the Waldorf, especially since it has undergone a huge renovation in the lobby (though the rooms are really hit or miss).  The details of even the ceilings is just lovely.  Having the Waldorf Salad at the Waldorf is one of those silly and wonderful bucket list items I got to experience, and I loved it.
 
 


We love the characters that come to New York, including Geno, seen here with me at the Waldorf, along with some women who were trying desperately to get their attention (and their money, which I have no interest in; hence why Geno and I were able to become Friends and still stay in touch).
 
 

We love to walk at night, seeing the city all lit up and beautiful.  Here are pictures of the little garden in front of 30 Rockefeller Center, along with the display they had, back in June, when I was here on business.  It is a beautiful place that now is all lit up for Christmas, including the skating rink.  I love it there.






This is one of my favorite pictures.  This couple was just lovely, and they were so happy.

And so, Friends, as I head to Starbucks to write my reports and make my slides for teaching in Budapest next week, along with my data reviews, I bid you a happy adieu, as I get ready for Day 2 in the restaurant tomorrow.  May you have a good day of working hard, but may you also slip in a little field trip of your own, a trip of inspiration and joy about little things that help you dream of dinners around your table, surrounded by the people you love best.  Happiness is the balance of the two, and that is what I have today.
 
With lots of love from New York, soon to be Budapest,
Your Good Friend Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss Moxie thanks you for your thoughts!